If you are interested in a career that involves meeting the training and mentoring needs of Christian leaders, we encourage you to apply.
Director of Development
Date Revised: 6.20.18
Reporting Relationships: Reports to President/CEO
Job Summary: The Director of Development creates and oversees a comprehensive approach to fundraising which includes major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation and individual donors. This position works closely with the President/CEO and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness of Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of DAI and faithfully upholds DAI’s ministry in prayer.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Experience in and/or understanding in cultivating major donor and foundation relationships.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Self-motivated and disciplined work habits, along with humility and willingness to learn.
- Professional demeanor, developing interpersonal and public communications skills.
- Recognition that successful donor development is a team effort.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; additional professional development training preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising; background in major gift development a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and embrace an in depth understanding of DAI’s history, values, vision, mission and programs, and effectively communicate that information to donors and prospects.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including prospect research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Secure and expand financial support via the under $5K donor tier.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate and direct capital campaigns and other fundraising special events.
- Oversee donor database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff, ie: local and international activities.
- Develop, supervise and manage the development and marketing/communication teams.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising initiatives.
- The position is a full-time position
- Responsibilities include some travel
- The base salary range is $70,000 to $90,000 annually depending upon education, experience and agreed upon hours
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job. It may be necessary for a person to perform other tasks as needed.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to Jane Overstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Director of Development" by July 15, 2018.